We’re seeking an intern to join our friendly, collaborative team of 16 researchers, designers and consultants in our central London base.
This is a varied and challenging role for an intern hungry to gain experience, and who wants to help drive the success of the business and deliver research that has a real impact. No experience necessary, however, knowledge of and keen interest in UX/CX research is essential.
Do you take pride in your work? Are you a problem solver who gets things done? You could be just who we’re looking for.
The role will involve:
- Learning on the job and using the skills you gain across a variety of environments (bothtechnical and non-technical) to help translate business challenges into innovative outcomes for internal and external clients.
- Learning to take research insights and turning them into service and design recommendations, communicated in compelling ways appropriate for your audience.
- Working with and supporting experienced colleagues on a variety of projects for both public and private sector organisations. Projects range from usability research in the lab to in depth contextual research for service design & transformation.
Who we’re looking for:
A motivated individual who:
- Is attracted to UX/CX research not just for its own sake but for the impact that it can make in CX, service design and business outcomes
- Is passionate about and committed to delivering great work on all their projects. You’ll be someone who wants to take ownership of a project or your part in it.
- Relishes solving difficult problems. Not just UX problems but also service design problems, for example, “Why aren’t customers using this retail facility?” or “How can we help a borough council solve an anti-social behaviour issue that costs them a lot of money each year?”. So you enjoy seeing the value of UX/CX research translated into organisational and business change.
- Is not daunted by tough project challenges—in fact you’ll welcome those challenges because you know that’s where you’ll learn the most.
- Feels comfortable dealing with ambiguity or a lack of structure, such as projects with a wide brief or where you need to work out the way forward and come up with an approach. Your attitude will be one that is “How can we do this” rather than “we can’t do that”.
- Can work in a self-directed, flexible and adaptable manner
- Has a strong interest in all things related to design, as well as research.
- Is interested in the commercial success of the company—you understand the importance of sound commercial engagements.
- Won’t shrink from being involved in business development and contributing to proposal writing.
Who we are, and what we can offer you:
We’re a friendly, collaborative team of 16 in central London. We’re going through a period of re- invention and so our current vibe is a bit like a start-up, even though we’re not!
We’re a small team inside a big multi-national services organisation, with all of the challenges and opportunities that brings.
We work with commercial clients large and small, with public sector clients (such as hospitals, councils, Defence organisations), and on projects internal to our parent company Serco. It’s our job to bridge the gap between UX/CX, service design and corporate imperatives.
Working with us you’ll have the chance, early in your career to:
- Be exposed to a very diverse range of projects and challenges: UX usability testing, CX, business and service related research
- Work in a collaborative, demanding environment where you can influence outcomes
- Work on projects that have a positive social impact
- Expand and develop your skills rapidly
We’re an eclectic team of different ages and backgrounds, from HCI to technical writing, market research, start-ups and management consulting.
Please forward your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: UX Internship 2019
The closing date for applications is 29th March.